Melanosporum truffle -- Restaurants and specialized shops --
From 100 to 500gr, different qualities, whole quality and piece quality.
Truffle harvested from November to March.
Variety of black winter truffle, tuber melanosporum.
- Estimated delivery date:
UPS Express EUROPA - Purchase before and receive it Tuesday, 5 March, 2024
Recogida en tienda en Teruel Capital - Purchase before and receive it Saturday, 2 March, 2024
Correos Express España - Purchase before and receive it Monday, 4 March, 2024
PRODUCT INFORMATION "Restaurants and specialized stores (From 100 grams in pieces)"
No preservatives or colorings
Consume within: 7 to 10 days
What is the piece of black truffle?
The black truffle from Teruel, also known as winter truffle or melanosporum truffle, is one of the most valued truffle varieties and sought after by culinary experts due to its powerful aroma and flavor.
Truffles are actually a fungus that grows underground in the roots of trees such as holm oaks or oaks. It is extracted with dogs trained for olfactory search during the months of November to March, but this may vary depending on weather conditions.
TheTeruel black truffle has a rounded shape. or irregular and a rough surface. Its external color can vary from dark brown to black, while its interior, known as gleba, has a dark color with white veins. Its aroma is intense and distinctive, with earthy notes and sometimes with hints of chocolate and nuts.
How to use the piece of black truffle?
The black truffle is a mushroom that is never consumed directly unless it is taken in small slices or grated. To prepare it, special truffle utensils are used, such as a truffle mandoline or a truffle grater.
This mushroom is mixed with different products or dishes that will be enhanced in aroma and flavor. Consumption can be made from fresh truffle or canned truffle.
It is usually applied to already prepared stews. Implementing the sheets to impregnate them with their flavor or grating the truffle over the same dishes.
Conservation of the piece of black truffle
When buying black truffles, you must keep in mind that the truffle is a mushroom that, once harvested, remains in perfect condition for between 7 and 10 days. It is important to emphasize that consumption must be carried out during this time. If kept in an airtight container, it must be opened at least once a day so that the mushroom can breathe.
The storage of the mushroom must be carried out at a temperature between 0º and 4º. Once the black truffle is received, it should be kept in rice or paper that absorbs the moisture to a greater extent, since this could cause the organoleptic qualities to be lost and deteriorate.
Another way to preserve it, if it is not going to be consumed, is to freeze it. Also, on many occasions, brandy or olive oil is used to keep the truffle in optimal conditions.
Our favorite recipe with a piece of black truffle
Our favorite recipe
Black Truffle Risotto
- 300 grams of Arborio or Carnaroli rice (special for risotto)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 liter of vegetable or chicken broth
- 100 ml of dry white wine
- 30 grams of butter
- 50 grams of grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh black truffle
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large saucepan, heat the broth over medium heat and keep it warm over low heat while you cook the risotto.
2. In another large saucepan, add a splash of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until golden and fragrant.
3. Add the rice and stir to coat with the oil and aromatics. Cook for about 2 minutes until the rice grains are slightly translucent.
4. Add the white wine to the rice and cook until it evaporates, stirring constantly.
5. Begin adding the hot broth, one ladle at a time, to the rice. Stir constantly until the broth has been absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Continue this process for approximately 15-20 minutes until the rice is al dente and creamy.
6. Meanwhile, grate the fresh black truffle into a small bowl.
7. When the risotto is almost ready, add the butter and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until melted and mixed well.
8. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the grated black truffle to the risotto. Stir to distribute it evenly.
9. Cover the risotto for a few minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
10. Serve the black truffle risotto hot and, if you wish, grate a little more fresh truffle on top as a garnish.
Enjoy this exquisite black truffle risotto, which highlights the sophistication and unique flavor of this delicious ingredient!
- It does not have
- It does not have
- Truffle variety:
- Tuber melanosporum